Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Decisions and the Great Egg Hunt

Hello Everyone!
It's been a few days I know.. I was just really enjoying those beach pictures!! And I've been a little busy keeping the assorted farm critters dry this past weekend. UGH. Rain is all well and good but we really don't need quite so much every day!
However, today was quite lovely and reached 66* F. Yay! Too bad I spent most of it at work indoors... there are some things I miss about working at barns.
Thanks to the rain, I feel I'm missing something ... ah yes, the eggs. I have 3 flocks of chickens, one stays in a smallish dog lot, one is free ranging but stays very close to their coop next to the barn, and the third and largest flock has a coop near my garden area and they free range the property. Which has been fine. Until last week. They decided that the old abandoned house next door looked like a lovely place to find some winter bugs and oddities... so yeah. Thanks for that! Now I get to spend what little daylight hours I have snooping around an abandoned house (that is rather creepy) on someone else's property, looking for hidden eggs. YAY ME.
It looks like I'll be spending some hard earned cash on fencing in the Spring. I would like to do it NOW but I am also on a vehicle hunt... but that's a story for another blog day....

So in the past week I've had a few choices come up jobwise and I'm trying to reach a few decisions... so I'm considering and planning and should have something finalized this week.... I'll keep you posted! Lots of thinking going on over here... can you smell the smoke??





Bead-wise... Lots going on there as well! I've been working on my Beading Babes projects.. I LOVE both projects..... but this month I've seriously had some mental issues with both of them! The necklace I just love and was SO looking forward to finishing it... just couldn't figure out what my issue was, took the instructions to the bead shop, sat down and looked at them and noticed for the FIRST TIME that I totally missed a Step! Really?!? So... I really WANT to finish this one but since I've already taken it apart twice I think I'm going to set it aside for a few days and let my brain rest with this pattern....
I did finish the second project for the Babes.... and was also disappointed!! But this time I DID read the pattern correctly.. LOVE the beads I chose... just somehow it's about 1.5 inches TOO SMALL! Not really sure what happened except that I probably used too much tension.. it's just what I do!
So, after that small disappointment I bent my mind to something totally different and did my first official chain maille piece! I simply LOVE it!!!



Tomorrow promises to be a looooooooooooong day: work at the cafe at 9:30 - 2:00 then off to the bead shop until 6:00 and then our final obedience class with the pups! We are going to do a test of some sort tomorrow.. I'm sorry to say that I am totally blanking on the name of it! It involves your pup obeying some basic commands and then there is a portion where you get to leave the room for a set time and your dog stays with the handler and has to behave. Ok.. so I THINK both of ours will do fine with that... but still.. it's a test... like in school... and even though we have been studying hard I still stress out over tests!!   

but hey.... I'm just happy that they are SO much better behaved and I actually enjoy walking them again!

So, until next time.. everyone have a happy Wednesday and I'll catch up with you again soon!!!






4 comments:

  1. Ughhhh my Runway of Pearls is too small too! I had only two 2mm fire polished beads left so I thought I'd be clever and do a row of 3mm beads at each end which worked well...but then realised I needed more 2mm's to zip it up...grrr...so now I need to order another strand. I don't know why it can't be mentioned in the pattern to keep in mind that there will be a bit of shrinkage...anyhoooo!

    I love your chain maille bracelet. I've always wanted to try chain maille but don't think I'd have the patients...all those rings!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karyn! I didn't think I'd have patience either.. start one day just making a pile of open jump rings and a pile of closed jump rings... then pick a day to do the work.. it will go quickly since you already have the rings opened!
    The 4-in-1 I did in about 45 minutes :)
    And yes, VERY annoying about the shrinkage in the bracelet.. I'm trying to decide on adding on or doing something different with the clasp .... I've already zipped mine so adding might be an issue....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chain maille bracelet is gorgeous. I also love the colors you chose for the beading babes projects. I think the issue with the bracelet is that it seems be one length laid flat and another after you curl it around your wrist. A mystery of physics or something. I hope you find something to lengthen it a bit. It really is too pretty to take apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pixiloo!! The chain maille was fun and relatively easy to do.. I'm trying to work up to the more difficult ones :) The bracelet measures out at just about 5" which is just too small for me no matter what way we wrap it! But I have Tammy at the shop helping me work out a clasp that I think is going to be just wonderful! :D

    ReplyDelete