Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Star Pupils? Who knows?!

Hello everyone! Been a few days since I've posted but I have been a little busy and didn't want to just toss up any old post just to fill space :)

We are pretty much done with inventory, just tying up loose ends.. THANK HEAVENS! I know Tammy is ready for this to be OVER! Looking forward to work tomorrow and also to teaching my class on Saturday! I'm teaching the Wheel of Time pendant I posted about earlier. It's such a fun pendant and can be made in so many different styles! I bet you could use it as a brooch as well. Hmmm, I also just had a rather interesting idea..... *makes a note*
 Our highlight for today was our obedience class this evening. We enrolled our two pups in the Community Pet Center sponsored class Paws-A-Tive Training. Cheri & Ann have been wonderful teachers and are very encouraging! Chito, our little lab cross, has a head start since I was able to spend more time with her at home last year since I was out of work for a while. She will be two in April! The first picture was taken this past weekend.. the second one was taken the week we found her. She was approximately 3-4 weeks old and my sister had found her sitting in the grass on the side of the road...

We also took Guiness, a Lab/Boxer cross. He is just an adorable little monster. I love his chocolatey-ness!!
 This is our third week of class.. well actually OUR second week, we missed last week's class. But we were able to catch up quickly this evening. It really is fun to watch everyone progress! And comforting to know that our dogs aren't the only ones with issues!!
Both of them were very good in class, and only got really distracted once when one of the other owners had some more family members show up. But the pups refocused on us quickly and that is a GREAT accomplishment!!
Has anyone ever done any Agility Training? I am thinking about looking into it and Cheri gave me a flyer for a local trainer! It would be really fun to have a solid GOAL besides the I-want-a-good-dog goal I currently have. This just looks SO FUN!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment