Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ugly Bead Challenge

Today was a nice day at work.. the rain held off for most of the day and we had SUN!  Mostly worked on getting ready for inventory this weekend. UGH. But it's gotta be done!

 So, Tammy has challenged me this week... We call it the Ugly Bead Challenge...  These poor beads! They don't KNOW they are ugly! They are just little lampwork beads going about their daily business of sitting in a glass waiting for someone to USE them... but ya know.. the more I stare at them... maybe they are not SO ugly?

I'll admit that it's NOT the best picture either.... but it's not far off. The seeds are actually somewhat prettier than the picture... they are a matte transparent topaz color... I could do something with them.... The lampwork ones will be a bit more difficult.. thinking something earthy yet girly.... hmmmmmmm

Here are two of the projects I finished up this week, the first is a project for the store. It's called Standing Ovation and is in the newest issue of Bead & Button... I really liked how it worked up but I think I'd like to make it again and work with my tension a bit more..

And this bracelet is one I've wanted to make for a while! Tammy held a class on it last Saturday while I was working on the Ovation bracelet so I listened in and came home and worked this up. I really LOVE it and plan to make a few in different colors... and I have an idea on a slightly wider one as well.....



I have tomorrow off so after making a hay run in the morning, I will be working on finishing up some projects and cleaning my house! Anybody wanna take over the cleaning portion of the day so I can keep working with the fun stuff!?!?! Anyone??? Hello?????




4 comments:

  1. I actually don't mind those "ugly" beads!! I am sure they could be used somehow!!!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the bracelets too... I got my copy of Bead & Button yesterday...gee that Standing Ovation bracelet is hungry for crystals!! Looks gorgeous though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not mind the "ugly" beads either but that may come from my need to stick with my stash to make pretties. I like your bracelet and yes tension and I have issues but I know you will find the balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karyn, I LOVE that bracelet but yeah... 144 crystals. I actually didn't use all of them because as I was making it I noticed it was HUGE.. BUT.. it needs all of them! Once you add the embellishments in step 12 it tightens the bracelet up.. I would actually like mine to have more tension but I had to leave it loose since it would have been too small.. live and learn!!
    And the beads aren't TOO ugly... just an odd color I would never use and a weird shape.. still thinking out ideas though!

    ReplyDelete