Thursday, January 26, 2012

Greetings!!

Today starts a portion of my weekend! I'm off work tomorrow and then back at the cafe on Saturday. Then off again on Sunday!

Today was my Bead Store day! I love working at Obsessions!  I helped a lady that had never stitched with beads create a beautiful tennis bracelet today using seed beads and 6mm crystals. She was so pleased with it she bought more supplies to make another one at home. I really love being able to share knowledge with people and see their joy when they 'get it' with a pattern or technique.

I'm working on finalizing what I get to teach in February at the store.. one of the options is going to be a Start here, Finish at home project but it's one I LOVE and hope people won't be intimidated by it.

I have several projects on my table to finish up and few repairs to do and even a couple custom jobs I MUST get started on soon! But the other week I woke up around 3 am from a beading dream... yes, I dream about beads.... I sketched out my idea quickly and went back to sleep.. If I don't do that then it's gone by morning...
 So.. this is my inspiration:

I have always admired the Uffington Horse in Britain. I'd love to travel there and actually SEE it one day... Maybe if I sell enough jewelry... eventually...
Here is what I have sketched up and started beading on for making a cuff  :)   I don't think this one will be for sale though ;)

The horse is beaded in a matte bone seed bead and then I'm doing swirls of a matte green.. the celtic knots will be done in a brown iris charlotte for a little bit of pop and sparkle. I'm really geeked to FINALLY be doing a beaded cuff AND to make it using Uffy as inspiration! :D

Where do you find your inspiration to create?????






4 comments:

  1. Your cuff looks like it's going to be great. If you want extra definition to the designs it's a great idea to stitch them in size 15/0 seed beads... yes it takes a lot of extra time but the smaller beads provide better definition. I stitched this amulet bag in 15/0s (starting out with 11/0s and then realising they just weren't going to work) - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=108899233542&set=a.108897683542.95306.108883798542&type=3&theater

    Can't wait to see the final piece!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karyn! The majority of this will be in the 11/0 seeds but the trinity knots are done in a size 15/0 brown iris charlotte. It's one of my FAVORITE beads!! Such a lovely color and just a nice little bit of sparkle without being too 'blingy'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! :) they are so tiny and pretty ... I'll have to break out the good camera and get some better pictures to update my next post

    ReplyDelete